The stories we tell and the videos we make are a force for good and create positive change in the world. The values we practice matter as much as the work itself, and we are guided by our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion; learning and knowledge sharing; integrity; social responsibility; and creative collaboration. Infusing these values in everything we do results in the best work with the greatest impact.
We are committed to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in our work through the following guiding principles:
- Every person who makes this work possible is valued and respected for their inherent dignity and worth, regardless of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, political ideology, genetic information, marital status, and other considerations.
- When we prioritize diversity of all kinds and denounce injustice in its many forms, we improve outcomes for our company, clients, and communities.
- As stewards of the investment clients make when they hire us, we strive to make spending and hiring decisions that are anti-racist, promote equity and inclusion, minimize our environmental footprint, combat climate change, and uphold fair labor and human rights practices.
- When framing client narratives and making editorial decisions, we remember the words of a community member we interviewed several years ago: “Don’t talk about us without us.” We are usually not our clients’ target audience nor part of the communities they serve, and we are here to learn from them, empathize and stand in solidarity with them, and include their voices in the storytelling process.
- We are committed to progressive, people-first practices that acknowledge each team member’s personal circumstances and outside responsibilities.
- We acknowledge that this work is never done, and strive to do better. We routinely review our practices so that they are accessible and equitable to our entire team and responsive to our clients and their communities.