When the COVID-19 pandemic began, we were ready to put our 15+ years of livestream production experience into action and help our clients move in-person events online. We knew their events were too important and time sensitive to cancel.
Since then, our online productions have included everything from intimate virtual chats to tightly produced, high profile events with celebrity presenters. Just a few of the events we have directed include the National Book Awards, the Nation Festival, The New School graduation ceremonies, the PEN/Faulkner Awards Celebration, Reach Higher’s College Signing Day featuring Michelle Obama, and virtual galas for a wide range of organizations including Poets & Writers, Queens College, the New York Hall of Science, Parsons School of Design, Louis Armstrong House Museum, Medicare Rights Center, and Urban Green Council.
With our online and hybrid event production solutions, we are here to help you continue convening dynamic speakers and performers to engage your audiences, whether online, in person, or both!
Really Useful Media’s agile, strategic support elevated and amplified the Housing Affordability Breakthrough Challenge – a $20 million initiative to source urgently needed housing solutions. From a flawlessly produced two-day virtual pitch event, to a delightfully human video celebrating our winning innovations, their clear vision, technical command and post-production mastery proved invaluable. We can always count on Really Useful Media to deliver excellence.
—Nicole Gudzowsky, Senior Director, Marketing, Enterprise Community Partners
Online Production Services
- All presenters/speakers are “on stage” in a closed Zoom meeting with a Really Useful Media producer
- We produce a polished one-way broadcast to your preferred platform: Zoom Webinar, Hopin, Vimeo, YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, our white label video player, or other event platform of your choice
- The viewer experience is largely the same as for any livestream: it’s as simple as pressing play on a video
- We provide advance support to your speakers to walk them through the process and make sure they look and sound great
- You receive expert guidance and technical support on online event production every step of the way
- A Really Useful Media production team directs the livestream:
- displaying speakers’ video feeds in a graphics “wrapper”
- live switching between speakers, holding slides, presentation graphics, lower third titles identifying speakers, pre-recorded videos, split screen, and panel/gallery views as needed
- hiding the Zoom user interface to keep the visual focus on the presenters and branded graphics
- stage management to prep speakers on lighting/audio/framing, move them between virtual green room and stage during transitions, and troubleshoot any technical issues
- live program feed displayed as a “virtual confidence monitor” for speakers
- playing rights-cleared, pre- and post-show music
Need additional polish and graphics to resemble a live television broadcast?
You got it! Our online production services are fully customizable, perfect for everything from panel discussions to signature events such as galas, awards shows, annual meetings or conferences.
Custom add-ons are available:
- live captions
- simulcasting to multiple social media channels
- producing pre-recorded content, including remote filming of speakers and editing montage, highlights, and tribute videos
- creation of custom live graphics, including multiple background layouts, animated transitions, moving wrapper backgrounds, and other motion graphics
- remote teleprompter for speakers with scripted remarks
- advance one-on-one sessions to work with speakers on their production values and presentation prep
- advance rehearsals
- live multilingual interpretation, including ASL picture-in-picture
- registration gate on the livestream player to collect viewer info
- easy to use equipment packages that can be shipped to presenters to improve remote production values
Advantages of this approach to online events:
- More broadcast polish than a traditional videoconference meeting or webinar
- More control over what the viewers see at every moment in the event
- No download for viewers
- Less bandwidth usage
- Fewer restrictions on outside participants
- Smooth transitions with holding slides, music, graphics
- Easy to work with your preferred platform’s built-in tools for registration, chat, and Q&A
- No need to moderate view-only users in Zoom
- Easy for viewers to share out to others on social media
I’m most appreciative of the superb logistical and technical execution, from our amazing partners! You all just set a new path for community building and engagement, much needed during these critical times.
—Fabian Freire, Associate Director of Digital Content, The New School