Housing Affordability Breakthrough Challenge
Other Videos From This Series:
Really Useful Media’s agile, strategic support elevated and amplified the Housing Affordability Breakthrough Challenge – a $20 million initiative to source urgently needed housing solutions. From a flawlessly produced two-day virtual pitch event, to a delightfully human video celebrating our winning innovations, their clear vision, technical command and post-production mastery proved invaluable. We can always count on Really Useful Media to deliver excellence.
– Nicole Gudzowsky, Senior Director, Marketing, Enterprise Community Partners
Through this video series we followed the journey of the six winners of Enterprise Community Partners’ Housing Affordability Breakthrough Challenge. Our work with the teams began in 2020 while producing the online pitch-day events where their innovations were chosen for the Challenge. In 2022, we went on location to document their progress and impact, spending 14 days in production across six communities, from Brownsville, Texas to Tacoma, Washington; New York City to Jackson, Mississippi; Boston to Oakland, California.
During an extensive pre-production process, we worked closely with Enterprise and each team on story development, identifying visual themes and community voices to tell the story of their innovations, as well as the impact of Enterprise’s partnership in helping bring them to life. We conducted pre-interviews to refine the story, align messaging goals with production logistics and prepare for location filming in each of their communities. These seven videos introduce audiences to an inspiring array of solutions to the nationwide housing crisis, and have been distributed across social media channels as well as forming the heart of an experiential exhibit at The National Building Museum in Washington, DC.
- Executive Producer/Story Editor: Emily Kornblut
- Director: Dan Winckler
- Directors of Photography: Dan Winckler, Patrick Mandeville (cdcb)
- Project Manager: Susan Lanier
- Sound/Second camera: Chandler Griffin (GCHP), Joel Barham (Forterra), Johnny Coleman (GCHP), Lourdes Kalusha-Aguirre (CNYCN, POAH), Khalid Straker (CNYCN), David Zlutnick (Impact Justice), Paul Toohey (cdcb)
- Editors: Lourdes Kalusha-Aguirre, Dan Winckler
- Post-production Audio: Chris Burke