National Book Awards
Other Videos From This Series:
We have been tremendously grateful to collaborate with the wonderful team at Really Useful Media to produce the livestreams of both the National Book Awards Ceremony (since 2020) and Finalist Reading (since 2013). Their team is truly exceptional in thinking through every detail or challenge, and in producing an extraordinary event, and I couldn’t recommend them more highly!
– Ruth Dickey, Executive Director, National Book Foundation
For the return to an in-person, black-tie ceremony at Cipriani Wall Street, we produced the 73rd National Book Awards as a live, multi-camera broadcast for at-home audiences. Building on the successful online and hybrid productions in 2020 and 2021, we partnered closely with the National Book Foundation to refine the run of show and develop a sophisticated look and feel with online viewers in mind. From capturing audience and winner reactions to integrating dynamic graphics, we provided creative solutions to elevate production values and worked closely with the venue audio and video teams to flawlessly implement technical solutions and cues.
- Director: Dan Winckler
- Executive Producer: Emily Kornblut
- Project Manager: Susan Lanier
- Technical Director: Joshua Simon
- Video Engineer: Khalid Straker
- Audio Engineer: Corey Poindexter
- Camera Operators: Lawrence Crocker, Jessica Glass, Khyber Jones, Lourdes Kalusha-Aguirre
- Teleprompter: Ashley Zazzarino/Prompster
- Hair/Makeup for Ruth Dickey: Nicolae Rita
- Production Support: Sherwin Chao
- Post-Production Audio and Music Supervision: Chris Burke